We’ve had some reports that participants are unable to join studies, even if they’re on a custom allowlist. We implemented a fix on Friday, but it appears that some of you are still experiencing this issue.
Please let me know if you’re having any problems below, and rest assured that we’re currently actively investigating this issue.
The issue has now been resolved! If you’re still experiencing problems, let me know below because we may need to ‘refresh’ your study via the back end
Hi, I have the same issue today with my study. Can you help me with that?
Hey @Yu_Liang, welcome aboard! I’ve sent you a DM
Hi, I have experienced similar issues and received messages from participants about it too.
Hey Tim, welcome to the community! I’ve sent you a DM to get more info
Hi. I just ran my first prolific study and ran into a similar issue (but also I’m new so LMK if I’m posting this in the wrong place, doing something dumb, etc). My basic issue: However many participants I add to my custom allow list, the AUDIENCE interface will show less than that number as eligible.
Here are two screenshots, one of me entering 4 ProlificIDs from a study just completed an hour earlier, and then you can see it only finds 2 as eligible.
Any ideas? Thanks for the help! Also I LOVE prolific so far. Well done on your telepathic UX! So refreshing compared to other platforms.
Hey Mike, welcome to the community!
We rolled out a fix for this problem last week so this issue shouldn’t be due to the bug.
Sometimes this occurs normally because we have a range of ongoing data quality checks in place on Prolific, which may temporarily prevent participants from accessing studies if we are unable to verify their information.
Could you send me those IDs in text format so I can investigate to see if that’s the case?
Thank you for your patience!
I think the issues with allowlist and eligibility are back. My study has an allowlist but it seems everyone can see my study - they can’t take part as it correctly says they are ineligible thankfully but I am being inundated with messages asking why they can’t take part when they shouldn’t be able to see the study. Any reason/fix to this as I have had to pause my study due to the amount of messages I was receiving.
Hey Laura, welcome to the community!
I’m sorry to say that the bug has re-emerged. We’re actively investigating the issue, and I’ll let you know once I have an update from the tech team. Our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this is causing you.
Has this bug been resolved since April? I am running into a similar issue as Mike where I am using a custom allowlist, and it seems like only half my participants can access my study. My custom list has 17 participants, but when looking at the study itself it says there are only 9 eligible participants. Is there a way to check whether this is due to bot checks or some other issue with the allowlist? Thank you!
Hey @Duncan_Cleveland, welcome to the community!
This may be due to the other prescreeners you have applied. If a participant has deleted their answer to these in the last couple of days it may mean they are no longer eligible.
That being said, if you DM me the name of your study, and the list of IDs, I can investigate further for you
Hi @Josh, I may be experiencing this issue as well. Can I DM you the name of my study and list of IDs too?
I hope you are well. I have been occurring the same problem with the custom waitlist option. I set up a survey via prolific for participants to access a link for an online interview study they should participate subsequently, but for some reason participants whom filled in such survey cannot access the same survey again before the agreed timeslot for interview. Would it be possible to either refresh the study at the back-end or help us investigate what the issue would be?
Dear Bayes Lab
I am afraid that Josh has moved on from Prolific to new and adventurous things.
The new community leader is @Jon who will be able to “refresh the study at the back-end or help you investigate” the issue that you are facing.
I bet Jon can help,
Thank you so much for the update! And thank you @Jon for the kind help investigating our study! Please keep me posted on the status of the issue.
Happy to help @Bayes_Lab! I’ll follow up by PM for the details.
I’ve had some issues with the custom allow list as well, seemingly due to them trying to participate from the same network as another participant. It would be nice to have an override option for this block when using custom allowlists.
I have received a message from someone on my custom allowlist asking where the study invite (longitudinal study - day 2 of 10) is. It was sent two hours ago and others are completing it so I am not sure why they haven’t received the invite. The ID has been entered correctly. Thanks.